1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I installed a Clipdraw on my gun would it still fit in a holster? The holster would be a Braveheart IWB.I was just wondering because I thought I could use the Clipdraw while seated in my car to make an easier draw.When I'm done driving I can just stick it back in my strong side holster.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Masshole:
If I installed a Clipdraw on my gun would it still fit in a holster? The holster would be a Braveheart IWB.I was just wondering because I thought I could use the Clipdraw while seated in my car to make an easier draw.When I'm done driving I can just stick it back in my strong side holster.
Pretty sure with Most Kydex rigs, a Clipdraw would foul... Leather might have a bit more give, and more room, but it'd be likely to foul as well...

The problem is that when it's holstered, it'd be in nearly the same spot in the waistband as it would be with the Clip.

About all I could say is you can try, but you're likely to find this to be the case, unless you do some type of custom mod to the rig, and even then, the IWB style's will still give you grief around the waistband, and belt. An OWB might be easier to work around.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jaydee.
Perhaps I'll look for a holster designed for driving in a car to accompany my IWB holster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts