1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE TWO BROWNING HI-POWERS, ONE OF THEM IS A ARCUS 94, ITS EUROPEAN MADE. and it is well made accurate and dependable. no machining marks on the inside or out. it smooth as a babys rump. i have adjustable rear sights pach-m gripps. i like it better than my browning made one.but than again both or about the same in comparising.except the arcus 94 has a flat slide instead of rounded.and they coming out with a arcus98 modle, and all of them have a lifetime warranty. ive hade the 94 for about 3 yrs now. put a hell of alot of rounds through it not even one failure. and it still going stong.
anyway i just wanted to reply to this part of the forum

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The Arcus is the best of the clones. The pistol has good metal and all parts except for the sights interchange. Speaking of the sights, they are the weak spot on this pistol. One of these days I will fix mine, The Argus looks like it may take Sig sights or sights designed to be used on a Sig. Regards, Richard

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I posted this reply to another post but I guess you two may be interested. I had problems with a FM and needed a new frame. It took a long time but eventually I spoke to Alex Hamilton. He ordered a used Browning frame for $100 frome Gun Parts and it is now damn near perfect. The lesson to be learned is stick with the original FN or BHP. Regards, Richard

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi lak, yes it does. matter of a fact,the arcus is completly interchangable. the only differnce is that the top of the slide is kinda flat, instead of rounded. it's a well made h-p clone. european made. they have a arcus98, it's .40 cal . i couldnt beleave the quality of this firearm. i have put thousands of rounds through mine, and its still going strong.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have seen the arcus advertized in shotgun news.very reasoably i might add.i just have not seen them localy in any of the gunstores in my area.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
around 1998-99. you would see there adds in gun magazines and i have a featured artical by american rifleman and handgun magazine, the arcus got thumbs up. for being well made. i have seen them at recent gunshows,$350.00 on up! they come in mate finish blued and two tone and stainless.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wvg, it's been awhile, but you can try www.miltexusa.com address is still valid, century international arms 1161 holland drive boca raton, florida 33487 u.s.a you'll be amazed at the quaility made of the b h-p clones. even the inner tool marks have been removed. you can find them at gunshows. ask your dealers. http://www.selectfire.com/products/miltex/ sorry i tried each of these sites and it has obviously changed. you can write them at that address, and theyle send you a sales catalog

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 07-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 07-08-2001).]

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
James Beam - I have handled a few but haven't seen one with the slide off. While they were indeed not as "trim" looking as the HP, the finish and general impression of quality was excellent. If I see one again at the prices I saw them at shows a while back, I might not pass it up this time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey guys check out:
www.centuryarms.com

and from there use the consumer catalog. Century lists a compact, a DA and a compact DA Arcus. I recall the pistols costing $249 from Century Arms. . . so whatever your dealer mark up is, there you go!

Derek

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by viesczy:
Hey guys check out:
www.centuryarms.com

and from there use the consumer catalog. Century lists a compact, a DA and a compact DA Arcus. I recall the pistols costing $249 from Century Arms. . . so whatever your dealer mark up is, there you go!

Derek
well there you have it, be sure to look at the arcus94 singleaction..i replaced my rearsights, to a pachmyer adjustable. and pachmyer gripps.its a fine shooting gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts