1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
If fits by having a piece tapped for the screw in the top fitted in the rear site dovetail and centered then the top of the sight is the attached to the piece in the dovetail with the screw.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I don't have a picture of the the two pieces that make up the CMC drop-in. Here is a pic of one installed on my Colt XSE . The sight consists of two machined parts that are attached with locating post and a recess and a screw holds the two parts together. The anchor slides into the stock dovetail and has a machined round boss on it's top. Once it is centered in the dovtail the top piece or the actual sight is located on the boss with a corresponding recess in it's bottom siide. The addition of some red locktite and the two pieces are screwed together. The combination of the two parts correctly locates the rear sight with no lateral movement possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Konza- That site looks good on your XSE. I've come close to ordering one a couple times. Did you have to change your front site or was the factory one tall enough? Thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's nice to finally see one mounted. I've been thinking about getting one for my Stainless Pro Carry II.

I wouldn't order it from Brownell's unless you're planning on buying some other stuff as well. You can get it for the same price direct from CMC with free shipping...

http://www.chipmccormickcorp.com

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Here is one on my Colt 70 Series LW Commander:

and here is one on my orm Colt Combat Commander:

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I have

one on an old rollmark 1991 govt model and it works great with the stock front sight. Red loctite is a must though.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Are the blades in these adj. for windage? And what is the rear blade height as I guess it is not elevation adj? Thanks.Oh yea how wide is the notch in the blade and is there room to open it up if not wide enough?Thanks again.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Triggerbender,

Here is a closeup of the sight from almost the rear to give you a better idea. They seem to work well with the Colt series 80 front
sights.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys,
That's just what I needed to hear and see! I placed one on order. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts