1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CMC Powermag that when slide locks back it stays locked and cant be released. I have to drop the mag to release the slide. I have another CMC mag that works fine.

I have inspected and compared it to the other CMC mag and found no discrepancies.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Remove the side and put the slide stop back in. Insert an empty mag and look closely at the point the follower contacts the stop lug and lifts it up. If the stop lug is too long or too wide it can drag on the follower tab. Remove the magazine and lift the stop up and down to see it has full range of travel. I would also compare the exact height of the followers in the mags side by side to see if one is higher. The slide stop is hanging on something.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
This happens from time to time with mags with folded followers. The lower tab may be jamming the slide stop requiring a slight adjustment. I have also found that the feed lips may need adjusting inward to hold the follower a little lower. I do this adjustment at least once a year to all my CMC mags by a little squeeze in a padded vice with the follow held down. I use a dial caliper to measure top to bottom for parallelism.

Al the best,

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I had the same problem with the Shooting Star mags. I called CM and they said to read the yellow card and they seemed to have an attitude. I found out that the springs were not strong enough.

I am done with them!

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
Simply part of the follower design. When locked back by chambering the last round the follower will shift forward as it presses up on the slide stop lug. This really isn't a problem as empty mags should be removed and replaced with a full one, or lower the slide without a mag. Excellent mags.

LOG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts