1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got through a speed steel match using 5 new 8rd and 2 10rd mags without a single hiccup. Full size kimber and ball. HP's are next.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have two Shooting Stars. Totally reliable in my NRM Colt. Most ammo fired thru them was 230gr JHP from Winchester.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have a few Shooting Stars ... in some of my guns they work great, in others they don't work at all .... and, worst of all, I can't figure out why. Wilsons and Metalform work well in all my guns.

·
Registered
504 Posts
16 blue Shooting Star 8 rnd & 6 SS Power 10s. No problems with any on Kimber Pro Carry (~7500 rds) or TLE (~2500 rds.)

Oh, and the Pro Carry's feed ramp is still glassy smooth (no offense, Tamara! :hrm: )

I do have to clean them every few hundred rounds, but I'd do that anyway.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
All mine still function great and I have one that is stored loaded when not being used at the range. I've kept it this way since Y2K.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have on Shooting Star (8 rounder) and it works flawlessly in my SA Mil-Spec. I think I will get a few more even! :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have about 6-8 8rd Shooting Stars circa 1993 that I've been using for IPSC matches over the past 10 years. I fresh up the springs every couple of years and they just keep flawlessly plugging away.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have 8, 8rd Shooting Stars that I have been using in my several 1911's for about 3 years now (including one in .40). Had to do some initial work on about 3 of them to prevent slide lock back with one round remaining (only a problem on 2 of my guns). Since then they have been flawless.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've only used 2 of their regular 8 rounders and 2 Powermags. The Powermags have functioned flawlessly so far, the normal Shooting Star mags failed to feed the last round occasionally an the follower would move forward making the mag stick in the gun. The stronger springs in the Powermags make all the difference!

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,047 Posts
I was having trouble with three pre-Power Mag 10-rounders, and after calling CMC customer service, discovered that they no longer make these "tactical tens", and that their service policy now consists of swapping them for Power Mags; you can get a two-for-one deal, or pay half-price along with your trade-in. I sent them seven tactical tens, plus $12.48, and will get four Power Mags in return. Seems like a reasonable deal. I've had no trouble with any of my 8-rounders, or a single Power 10.

·
Registered
828 Posts
CMC 8 round mag question

Good to see the mostly positive reviews of these mags, I want some for the Rock Island I'm buying. I do have a question though, do the CMC 8 rounders sit flush with the bottom of the frame like proper 7 rounders do, or do they stick out a bit?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: CMC 8 round mag question

AJMBLAZER said:
Good to see the mostly positive reviews of these mags, I want some for the Rock Island I'm buying. I do have a question though, do the CMC 8 rounders sit flush with the bottom of the frame like proper 7 rounders do, or do they stick out a bit?
They fit flush. :cool:

·
Registered
504 Posts
CmC sells their 7 and 8 rnd mags either with or without a 'bumper' pad, which you can install or remove (two small screws.)

The packages with the pads usually run $1 more around here, but if you don't install the pad it's the same mag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts