1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I participated in a CMP Service Rifle Clinic at my local range today. This is basically a clinic where novice High Power shooters go to learn from more experienced shooters on the basics of rifle shooting and the rules and regs of a CMP match. My range will be starting having CMP matches next year. I am looking forward to it. I learned a lot today. I shot one CMP match back in 1989 and haven't shot one since. Back in '89 I shot a loaner CMP Garand. Today I shot my personally owned Springfield M1A. I recommend it to anyone who wants to become a better rifle shooter.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I agree totally. It's good to be able to hit the target without the benefit of sandbags and a bench!

Don't make the mistake of thinking it's an equipment race--the nut behind the buttplate is what makes the score, not the coat, glove, and expensive rifle.

Ty

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got into this game, and I really enjoy it. I've noticed that it helps my pistol shooting too. High power makes you focus on the fundamentals - breathing, sight alignment, trigger squeeze - and for me it carries over when I haul the pistols to the range.

Hey Ty, haven't seen you at the range lately (I'm the guy you spotted for a few weeks back).

Matt

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was down south at Coalinga for the Midstate Regional/Leg match last month. I'll be at Zouaves this weekend, though!

Ty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts