1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/14/us/newtown-sandy-hook-shooting-anniversary/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I really need to stop reading CNN news, as it's not doing my blood pressure any good. Aside form the obvious anti-gun slant in this article, they once again lie right through their face:

High grades went to eight states that have enacted major gun reforms: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey and New York. Low grades were given to Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, South Dakota -- states with some of the highest gun death rates in the country, according to the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
So I'm a lot more likely to be shot to death in Alaska, Wyoming or South Dakota than I am in California, New York or Illinois? What's that sound I hear? Oh right, it's my BS meter going off again. :hrm:

If they hate guns then fine. But they should stop lying whenever they try to use facts. Oh right, if they used facts then they wouldn't even have a case. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
CNN, MSNBC are not news agencies they are propaganda wings of the Dem party.
The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence are agenda driven organizations who spread misinformation to further the anti gun cause.
None of them will ever be held accountable for the lies they tell.

·
Registered
549 Posts
CNN = Commie News Network

CNN and the anti's are worse than sleazy used car salesman, ambulance chasing attorneys and common street hustlers.

Chicago, Washington DC, NYC, Baltimore don't exactly exude safety due to lack of being able to defend yourself...then again it is like talking to a tree stump. Delusional people living in a fantasy land of what if's.

Sickening to parade dead children in the name of politics, I would say shame on you but GO TO HELL is more appropriate.

Gun control if it saves just one child....to make up for the thousands we support via abortion. BOTH issues solutions would start with education and responsibility something frowned upon by anti/hand-wringers/Leftists.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
There was an NBC news article with an obvious anti-gun, "we're not doing enough to protect the children" slant recently too. The odd thing was that within the article, there in an interactive about child (under 12) homicides over the last 25 years. Guns accounted for a little more than 15% while "hands and feet" was over 41% That they included the data is amazing. That they ignored it for the original article is not the least bit surprising.

Here's the link: http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...-years-of-fbi-data-show-about-child-homicides

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So beating your child to death is okay but shooting them isn't?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
So I'm a lot more likely to be shot to death in Alaska, Wyoming or South Dakota than I am in California, New York or Illinois? What's that sound I hear? Oh right, it's my BS meter going off again. :hrm:
Heck, they probably included deer hunting in those statistics. You know, by accident. You're also obviously tripped up by the phrase "states with some of the highest gun death rates in the country". By that, I'm sure they mean "in the top 49 or 50".

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
There was an NBC news article with an obvious anti-gun, "we're not doing enough to protect the children" slant recently too. The odd thing was that within the article, there in an interactive about child (under 12) homicides over the last 25 years. Guns accounted for a little more than 15% while "hands and feet" was over 41% That they included the data is amazing. That they ignored it for the original article is not the least bit surprising.

Here's the link: http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...-years-of-fbi-data-show-about-child-homicides

I notice that 57% of these homicides are at the hands of "family". That's four times as many as by guns.....

I can't bring myself to even say the rest, it's the next obvious step in joining the Borg Collective that America is rapidly becoming.

Take care all,
L.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Most MSM stories require the same attention to detail as reading through the ingredients and nutrition lists of canned food ...

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,331 Posts
So I'm a lot more likely to be shot to death in Alaska, Wyoming or South Dakota than I am in California, New York or Illinois? What's that sound I hear? Oh right, it's my BS meter going off again.
I was reading a piece about murder rates, and they did claim that you were safer in NY and Illinois. They had removed large urban areas from the equation, since not all states have large, high-murder-rate cities in them. You wouldn't want all of Illinois to suffer for Chicago having a high murder rate?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I was reading a piece about murder rates, and they did claim that you were safer in NY and Illinois. They had removed large urban areas from the equation, since not all states have large, high-murder-rate cities in them. You wouldn't want all of Illinois to suffer for Chicago having a high murder rate?
I get it. Just like inflation being near zero, once you remove those pesky food and fuel numbers from the mix. :hrm:

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I get it. Just like inflation being near zero, once you remove those pesky food and fuel numbers from the mix. :hrm:
And unemployment going down once you stop counting the people who have given up looking for work, were self employed and unable to apply for unemployment or high school and college grads who can't find their first job.

Never trust the gubment numbers.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Heck, they probably included deer hunting in those statistics. You know, by accident. You're also obviously tripped up by the phrase "states with some of the highest gun death rates in the country". By that, I'm sure they mean "in the top 49 or 50".
Suicides are often counted in those statistics as well. In areas with easier access to guns, you'll see higher rates of suicides with guns.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
No idea why Illinois is on that list. I can't think of a single piece of "gun control" that we have enacted.

If anything we should be on the list of worst changes... we passed a conceal carry law that in MY opinion is the best out of all the "anti-gun" states... as a result of the law the Chicago gun registration requirements were nullified. We knocked down a bunch of bans that were proposed as well.

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Suicides are often counted in those statistics as well. In areas with easier access to guns, you'll see higher rates of suicides with guns.
And in places with harder access to guns suicides by other means go up. Japan and South Korea have some of the highest suicide rates in the world despite the virtual nonexistence of guns in private hands.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
And in places with harder access to guns suicides by other means go up. Japan and South Korea have some of the highest suicide rates in the world despite the virtual nonexistence of guns in private hands.
Proving the gun is the tool not the cause.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
So beating your child to death is okay but shooting them isn't?
Seems to me, that is what they are implying.

One has to wonder why sort of rationalization one has to go through, as a "journalist" (sic), to not see what our issues really are.

Actually, that isn't true at all. People see what they want to see. true objectivity is not terribly common. I see this all the time when people attack my profession. Because there couldn't possibly be other factors at play or anything. [/sarcasm]

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
They're not often counted, they're always counted. Suicide accounts for nearly 70% of gun deaths in the U.S., the second leading category is young teenaged men. You can draw your own conclusions about who these young men are, and what they're up to.
L.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yup. The US ranks 33rd in the world, with 12 people per every 100,000. England, with their strict gun laws comes in just behind us at 11.8 per 100,000.
Japan, South Korea, and China are all in the top 10, all 3 have strict gun control.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Chicago and NYC have the strictest gun laws in the country, yet have some of the highest homicide rates in the country as well. How can this happen??:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts