1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated before, I have a buddy looking at a Colt Mustang for pocket carry. Can this gun be carried cocked and locked safely in a pocket holster? Which one?

As an aside, what waist pack do you recommend fo cocked and locked carry?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use a Kramer pocket holster with mine, works great. It's stiff enough to protect the safety. The down side is I think it's a little bulky, but OK in suit pants. I don't know who made my fannny pack, but it also hasn't let the safety slip in the 5 or 6 years I've owned it. I suppose it depends on the particular pistol, but I've got 3 of them and all have safety's you have to want to switch off. In any case, I think any pocket holster design that protects the safety from rubbing against the pocket would be fine. I hope your friend is looking at the pocketlite model, if he's really going to carry in a pocket. Makes all the difference.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I use a Galco pocket holster for my Mustang and haven't had a problem with the safety. It completely covers the trigger area, also. Rather than a fanny pack, might I suggest using a one-shot camera case that fastens to the belt? It's a bit more discrete than a fanny pack, especially if it has a camera brand logo on it.

·
Administrator
72,106 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use the Rybka pocket holster that I got from SM&A for my Mustang. It covers the safety, and I feel quite safe with C&L carry in that holster.

ctc,

I'm not at all sure I'd like that pocket holster you illustrated, since the safety is not covered.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Johnwill,

I have never had an istance of the safety comig off with this holster. I did have the SM&A PCP - that sure helps

-- Chuck

·
Registered
554 Posts
You're right, the SM&A PCP did make my safety much stiffer, though it still sweeps off just fine with my thumb. I guess I still like to know there's one more barrier between me and blowing my privates off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts