1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey is this thing just like my 1911 or should i pack it with the hammer down like it says in the manual. or is that just stupidproofing?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mus, if memory serves me correctly (I'm too tired right now to go down into the safe and look at the factorey instructions), Colt doesn't recommend cocked and locked carry either. Yes, I would say the factory is lawyerproofing or "stupidproofing" JMB's original design. A shame, isn't it? But we know better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The Browning Hi-Power manual (for the current Mark III) does state that a Condition Two carry is okay. However, this feat requires lowering the hammer on a chambered round. I don't think so. Go cocked and locked.

[This message has been edited by Drago (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
36 Posts
The owner's manual for my FEG advocates half-cock with safety on. Obviously written by a paranoid attorney. I keep mine cocked and locked.

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the responses. yeah i figured it was just a buncha bs. just making sure there wasnt some design difference i was unaware of that actually made it less safe to carry cocked and locked.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Just extradt mag and eject round if cocked and locked and not shot. And wanting to re configure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts