1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently began carring a Tac Pro II for EDC in condition One. Unless I am at target practice it is generally cocked and locked. Is there some cycle of uncocking versus cocked and locked that will minimize MS wear? Or, would this be an excuse to my my wife to purchase a second 1911? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have never heard of or seen an example of a 1911 main spring failing, even when constantly carried or kept cocked and locked. I just wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
What's MS? Multiple Scerosis?, mud & snow?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave T, Thanks for the info. I'll find something else to worry about. Best

·
Registered
249 Posts
CowBoyWay said:
Dave T, Thanks for the info. I'll find something else to worry about. Best
:biglaugh: Classic

Bow Howdy did you ever capture the essence of ME - Mr. Worriesalot ... about nothing. I used to sweat the smallest detail... you know, this slide lock or that slide lock, this brand safety or that brand safety, tit or tat. Now I just shoot and if a high-wear part breaks I replace it.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trask said:
:biglaugh: Classic

Bow Howdy did you ever capture the essence of ME - Mr. Worriesalot ... about nothing. I used to sweat the smallest detail... you know, this slide lock or that slide lock, this brand safety or that brand safety, tit or tat. Now I just shoot and if a high-wear part breaks I replace it.
Thanks for catching my drift ... after all if it ain't the MIMs it's the FP safety or the follower. Best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts