1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone supply me with the website address and other contact info for the Cole's that sells Hi Powers? Do they go under another name in GunBroker. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Coles hardly ever lists these under Browning Hi Power. So instead search for Browning High Power because Coles often uses High instead of Hi. I notice he also is occasionally using Browning P35 without reference to High Power, so you can look under that also, or once you get one return to Coles, click on all seller's other auctions and then narrow by automatic pistols. You'll still get the phone book but some of his other stuff is occasionally interesting.

There's probably a better way to do it but that's all my compooter illerateness allows.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
FWIW, whether Coles uses "High Power" because it's the correct FN factory designation or not...I don't know. But, FN has called the pistol they manufacture the "High Power" since at least 1934...and they continue to do so even today:

http://www.fnherstal.com/primary-me...general/product/263/295/263/5/_/hp-mkiii.html

"Hi Power" on the other hand is the American vernacular frequently in use on this side of the pond, even to the point of eventual adoption by the North American importer/distributor; Browning Arms...a wholly owned FN entity BTW since 1977...

:D:cool:

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
I have heard a rumor that hi power came into vogue on this side of the pond due to a rifle also referred to as high power once upon a time in the browning line up. Hi certainly is high misspelled in this case and they had to have a motive.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does FNH in the US import the BHP from FN? If so, why aren't they listed on their website? Or do they let Browning do all the importing of BHPs?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
FN has played importer games for decades. They used FNH for a few years a decade ago...while at the same time using their entity Browning as well. Over the years FN has used various iterations of "Browning" as well as Howco, Guns South, Steyr...

Browning is the current importer...

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Does FNH in the US import the BHP from FN? If so, why aren't they listed on their website? Or do they let Browning do all the importing of BHPs?
Giving an answer to the three questions in another way:

No, not at this time.

They are not listed on the website because they do not make them available from that source currently.

Yes. At the current time, FN imports the Bhp only through their browning subsidiary.

Submoa is correct in his description as to how this has been different in various times in the past.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for providing the info. Getting kind of worried, as I won an auction on a Cole's Hi-Power a week ago today, and haven't heard back from them since before I placed my bid (or "buy it now"). Tried both numbers but no answer and no answering machine. I guess they must be really busy for the holidays... but I need this gun shipped soon before I head back out of state. Hope I can get in touch with them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Coles is open M-TH....might have taken the holiday week off. Give a call on Monday during business hours Eastern Time.
I bought mine on a Thursday night and bounced off the walls till Monday morning trying to pay for it and get it shipped.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just got a response... I guess they are open today! Boy, do I feel special! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts