1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Fudds, they figure it doesn't effect them and will throw us under the bus in a heartbeat.

I cancelled a trip I had planned to Colorado as soon as they passed the law, one of my primary hobbies had their yearly convention there and I took the money I had planned on spending and bought AR parts....and made a point of telling the libtard convention chairman head I'd done it

·
Registered
549 Posts
I skipped going to CO for a ski/snowboard trip and went to UT instead last year. Might be going this year though as we are driving...but it will be a much cheaper trip than the UT one at very least.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
It seems at least some of you have not read this last America's First Fredom. :hrm:

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
It seems at least some of you have not read this last America's First Fredom. :hrm:
UUuummmm, no, how about you give us the "Cliffs Notes" version?

Bob

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I deliberately routed around Colorado when driving to and from Seattle from Illinois. Domestic safaris are out of my pay grade, but my money is good in free states to the north.

·
Administrator
74,047 Posts
I deliberately routed around Colorado when driving to and from Seattle from Illinois. Domestic safaris are out of my pay grade, but my money is good in free states to the north.
Ummm, there are as many gun haters in your points A and B as there are in Colorado, so what was the idea behind that? :hrm:

As for the article, no it doesn't surprise me the least because there are millions of hunters who are not avid gun enthusiasts. Guns are just the tools of their sport, like having a set of golf clubs or a pair of skis, and as long as nobody is banning their bolt or lever hunting rifles they couldn't care less about semi-autos or magazines holding more than 5 rounds.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The law was passed just before the deadline for hunting licenses? Is it possible that those who already invested in a trip went hunting, and it will be next year that the boycott is measurable?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Ummm, there are as many gun haters in your points A and B as there are in Colorado, so what was the idea behind that? :hrm:

As for the article, no it doesn't surprise me the least because there are millions of hunters who are not avid gun enthusiasts. Guns are just the tools of their sport, like having a set of golf clubs or a pair of skis, and as long as nobody is banning their bolt or lever hunting rifles they couldn't care less about semi-autos or magazines holding more than 5 rounds.
Any way you leave Illinois is a move in the right direction. At the other end of the circuit, Seattle certainly has an ample share of gun-hating liberals. Fortunately they have been ineffective on the ballot and in the courts, and my license is valid. Outside of Seattle and Tacoma, Washington is gun-friendly.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Uh,according to a map of the U.S.A.,you would have to go 600 miles south to drive through Colorado,and it's a straight line from Seattle to Illinois. Yeah,you sure showed 'em.:hrm::biglaugh:

·
Banned
12,388 Posts
I'm not a hunter in Colorado, so I'm not defending Colorado hunting.
But I'm smart enough to see the whole picture more clearly.

The hunters weren't the ones who 'promised' a boycott. That's kinda important. You think?

Pro-gun activists told the press that there would be a boycott,
but for the guys who put lots of money into hunting and often
depend upon the meat, a boycott promised by someone else
isn't going to change everything. Promising a boycott without
conferring with hunters was strategically unfortunate.
In fact, it was a big mistake, wasn't it?

Voter recall of elected representatives who failed to represent
the people of Colorado constitutionally are the culprits
and all pro-gun activities ought to be directed to correcting the real problem.
Don't get down on hunters for not doing what someone else promised.
They aren't the real problem. The wrong politicians are the real problem.

Name-calling like Fudd isn't going to help either. We need to stand taller than that.
Even if there are a limited number of Fudds in America, the vast majority of
hunters are pro-gun and will vote that way. They are excellent supporters.
I don't live in Colorado, but I've been around hunters all my life
and treating the hunting community like 'the enemy' is too shortsighted,
it alienates the very brothers we need for support.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The news article doesn't match the data from the Hunting guides, outfitters, and hunting lodges. I was speaking with an outfitter friend who lives outside Vail... He said that he and most of the other local outfitters have seen a cancellation rate of nearly 50%, major declines in new bookings, and much lower "walk-in" business.

I think much of what is being reported must have been from folks that had already made non-refundable reservations, won the lottery of a lifetime, etc. It will be interesting to see what next year looks like.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The news article doesn't match the data from the Hunting guides, outfitters, and hunting lodges. I was speaking with an outfitter friend who lives outside Vail... He said that he and most of the other local outfitters have seen a cancellation rate of nearly 50%, major declines in new bookings, and much lower "walk-in" business.

I think much of what is being reported must have been from folks that had already made non-refundable reservations, won the lottery of a lifetime, etc. It will be interesting to see what next year looks like.
I hope this is true. I would tend to believe this more so than believing the media in general.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Michael Bane said he would never film another of his shows in that state. Hats off to those who actually stand up for the 2A.:rock:

·
Registered
941 Posts
This boycott is stupid. Hurts the wrong groups of people.

We in Colorado are actively working to rectify the situation with positive results so far.

You want to make an impact? Donate to a Republican candidate in a contested district. Don't think that boycotting like-minded businesses forcing them to cut like-minded staff so fewer dollars goes to like-minded campaigns helps.

·
Banned
3,845 Posts
I spent my last dime in that state last month when I went to Trinidad and helped my Gunsmith move back to Texas. Hunting elk in NM now where we have a ranch in the far south east end of the state. No elk there and NM is getting ugly liberal as well but no crazy laws like CO and CA like to enact.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
This boycott is stupid. Hurts the wrong groups of people.
I think all boycotts are stupid. No matter what the commodity, you only wind up hurting suppliers and those who agree with you.

The real goal should be protecting enumerated rights, and that's where the idea of "you can't fix stupid" comes into play.

For example, guess who whines the most about the 2A in Wisconsin? Why, it's the same aging hippies who whine that they cannot sing at The Capitol Building, insisting it's a 1A violation. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

That's what we're up against as a nation.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
People jump on the boycott wagon, WAY too fast. Especially boycotting gun companies that don't leave anti-gun states other pro-gun industries(like hunting in Colorado)

·
Banned
3,845 Posts
Well being that Colorado robs people anyway for out of state licenses it does not break my heart to use this as an excuse not to go there any longer. Not even close to the place it was just 20 years ago before the vermin from California ruined the place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts