1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone buy buck and slugs of different color shells (all the ones I seem to buy are red, but I think someone makes green ones), or do you simply make sure you put slugs in a certain place such as a sidesaddle or buttstock shotshell holder?

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Segregate them some way. Keep them, wherever you choose, in the same places all the time and know which are which. In the dark you may not be able to see what color they are when selecting which one to load.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a nylon shell holder on my Winchester 1300 defender 12 ga. I have two gray hull Remington #7 1/2 shotshells, two green hull Winchester 00 buckshot, and two clear hull Brenneke slugs (depending on the situation). The important part is knowing which is were on the shell holder! In a low light situation you want to be able to load the correct shell (last shell in, first one fired).

"Safety First"

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Quick fix, especially when separating buck and slug on a sidesaddle carrier: Buck, rims up, slugs, rim down. Works for me, and readily determined, even in pitch blackness.

------------------
"Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size;

When trouble rises, call on me and I will equalize."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts