1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be placing my order with Wilson in about 3 weeks now. I need to know what color to get my CQB Elite in. I do love the classic look of stainless steel all around with red grips. I also like all black, or the two tone look. I want as money comments on this one, I need to make up my mind and I can't figure it out! I'm gonna subscribe to this so I can read all the answers. HELP ME!:rock:

·
Premium Member
20,402 Posts
I've got a stainless Protector that has proven itself invincible. What are you expecting from your new pistol? I live in a hot climate and sweat all over my IWB's. From a stock gun, stainless is my only choice. I do have one blued Kimber that Virgil Trip applied his magical hard chrome over, but to do it over again, I'd ask if he could do the same treatment over a stainless model...best of both worlds! Truly, I've had no problems with corrosion in over 25 years of carrying stainless here in Arizona.

·
Registered
598 Posts
gray frame

I like the gray frame, black slide two-tone CQB with the silver and black wood grips or the all diagonal pattern black composite grips. I also like it with every external part (magwell, slide stop lever, trigger, thumb and grip safety, etc.) to be all black. This makes a nice contrast on the gray frame. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Black Armor Tuff slide over stainless frame with black G10 grips. When the Armor Tuff wears off after a few years, you can have Tripp Research Hard Chrome it.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Last month my new and first CQB came in. It's full size, all black with no front serrations.

At first, when I started looking at all the possible color combos, I really was into the black slide and gray frame option and almost ordered it that way.

But then I decided I didn't want any front serrations because I wanted the original classic 1911 look. Once I made that decision I decided to get my CQB in all black. I have no regrets on my choice.

I'll probably get another CQB later on and that one will definitely have a black slide and gray frame.

I would recommend that you try and go see how the color combos actually look on the guns at stores, range, etc. and not rely on pictures. You'll get a much better idea that way.

Good luck in your decision! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about like.....a gray frame, stainless controls, and a stainless slide? I think that would look pretty cool. Some gray Aluma grips would look really nice, or some carbon creations carbon fiber grips...darn, there's just so many options...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I don't think you can beat the classic look of the CQB. Black slide and hammer, green frame and other furniture, black G10 grips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll be placing my order with Wilson in about 3 weeks now. I need to know what color to get my CQB Elite in. I do love the classic look of stainless steel all around with red grips. I also like all black, or the two tone look. I want as money comments on this one, I need to make up my mind and I can't figure it out! I'm gonna subscribe to this so I can read all the answers. HELP ME!:rock:
I like the looks of the Classic SuperGrade. Black slide, stainless frame and cocobolo grips.

Both my CQB's are all black.......that's cool too. That big shiny 45 barrel and bushing on the business end of an all black pistol is sweeeeeet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
One of each

I like the Classic two tone and I REALLY like the CQB Elite Hard Chrome.
It's all a personal choice, get what YOU like!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Disclaimer: the below is offered in good humor. It's your gun, do what you want. Just realize that nobody will tell you to your face, "Dude, that's ugly" but they will say it behind your back.

What about like.....a gray frame, stainless controls, and a stainless slide? I think that would look pretty cool. Some gray Aluma grips would look really nice, or some carbon creations carbon fiber grips...darn, there's just so many options...

A chick with a mohawk looks cool too. Or at least I thought so when I was young. Then you realize that you really don't want to be seen with her in public.

Styles change, good taste does not.

If you really want your gun to be an individual in a sea of clones and still look classy, try a reverse two tone with a stainless slide, AT black, but with the sides polished. The frame is all black, the top, nose and rear of the slide are black. But the sides get a high polish. Similar to the Kimber Eclipse, but they polish the sides of the frame as well.

Fashion tips for the well dressed gun:

1. You can never go wrong with basic black.
2. Slide should always be darker than the frame.
3. No more than two colors (excluding grips)
4. Grips should be the last thing they see, not the first.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I'm gonna go with a two tone look. I looked at another two tone protector (black frame, stainless slide, black serrations) and I like the way it looks. I'm gonna go with that.

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
i REALLY LIKE THE TWO TONE ON MY DEFENDER.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts