1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 1 to day, this is California approved. Does anybody else have one? If so how do you like it and have you done anything to it. Thank you, Michael.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I just ordered 1 to day, this is California approved. Does anybody else have one? If so how do you like it and have you done anything to it. Thank you, Michael.

I bought the stainless GM and love it!The nice thing about it is that is comes with everything I wanted. I may mothball the original grips soon though, because this is a shooter not a safe queen.
I think you will be happy because it is a beautiful weapon!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have one in blue and love it. Not crazy about the grip safety. I am going to change it out one day, but over all a great pistol. I really like the pony behind the serrations.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am interested in this gun, how reliable are these? Can you compare these to springfields and kimbers?

Sorry not trying to jack the thread, I just don't want to start another topic someone is already on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine is a stainless Govt. Model, and it is very accurate and very reliable. Personally, I like the features.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine (blue xse) has been 100% reliable and very accurate. Replaced the grip safety with a Wilson drop-in beavertail but otherwise stock. It currently resides in a Milt Sparks VMII on my right hip.:cool:

·
Registered
684 Posts
1991a1

I love all Colts, especially the blue 1991A1's. Series 70's would be great if they'd approve them in CA!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Xse

I have the stainless XSE Gov't Model. I replaced the mainspring housing with an arched one and also installed a short trigger.
It is the most reliable Colt I have ever owned, feeding everything. It is also decently accurate.
Only thing I don't like is the useless front slide serrations.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have one and it's a champ. Good accuracy, completely reliable out of the box. It's now my night stand gun. I'm thinking of adding Crimson Trace laser grips.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the stainless XSE Gov't Model. I replaced the mainspring housing with an arched one and also installed a short trigger.
It is the most reliable Colt I have ever owned, feeding everything. It is also decently accurate.
Only thing I don't like is the useless front slide serrations.
I think the front slide serrations do have only one purpose, and that is for the fool in front of you to grab while trying to take away your nice XSE :biglaugh:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts