1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
I have a question about a Colt 1909 that is in front of me as I type. All looks good except I cannot find in any of my books mention of a three digit # on the back of the cylinder under the ejector. The number is "532" and the serial number of this gun is 31846. Clawsons big book describes locations of serial numbers being under and on the crane, stamped on the butt, penciled on each grip and the last four digits on the cylinder latch but nothing about the cylinder. I hope someone here will know the answer and I am hoping the answer is not a mismatched cylinder. Oh and the cylinder is marked R.A.C. I am posting some pictures of the gun even though I could not get one of the back of the cylinder under the ejector. I figure everybody likes looking and mabey I can also get some feedback/opinion on condition. Thanks Greg

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nice earlier New Service, 532 maybe be an assembly number or the cylinder could possibly be a replacement. R.A.C. was the Government inspector (Rinaldo A. Carr) who also inspected most of the re-worked Cavalry SAAs
Nice gun

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RMPSTRAT, I am hoping it is an assembly number of sorts. So far I have not found any information that would indicate this number should be matching the serial number. I appreciate the information. Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts