1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, once again I've had this tucked away in a desk drawer for a few years. Someone did a fairly good job of rebluing it before I picked it up. Also the front sight has been replaced by someone with too much time on their hands (they serrated the back of it to break up glare almost as if they could actually see the little thing), and the mainspring housing seems to be from a commercial 1911A1. It shoots pretty good though. [Yes, that is a Navy MK 2 Kbar I threw in the first photo, just for the heck of it, or because I already had the photo and was just too lazy to take another photo.] Serial No. 934xx.

The mainspring housing

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks good superc. Thanks for putting the pictures up.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Beautiful old gun. Here's a page from Colt's 1917 catalog.
Your gun originally sold for $22.00. I'll bet you could double your money on it.:)

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I thank you. Rather than simply hope to double my money, I would rather instead hope that when I too am pushing 91 years of age, I too look (and perform) just as good. :)

Here are some shots of the front sight and you can probably see what I mean. Imagine worrying someone would be bothered by the sun's glare coming off the back of it on a sunny day.

It is about as good a job of installing a look like sight as someone could want. Only the choice of material color is strange (brass?), the profile and height fairly matches that of other 1911s with original sights I own.

Unmarked barrel hood

Rear sight

·
Registered
122 Posts
That old ad has an error. it says slide stop but directs the user to the magazine release.

Anyone remember that H&K ad for the HK91 in the 80's that had all of the cartridges loaded into the mag backwards?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts