1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Needing help on value of my Colt MKIV series 70 electroless nickel 1911. It was dated back to 1983 other than that I have no idea about the gun. I know the magwell, mag release, front sight, front strap checkering, trigger guard under cutting, skeleton trigger, hammer, beavers tail with memory bump aren’t factory.
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Tan
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Tan Trigger Metal Iron Gun accessory

·
Administrator
78,171 Posts
With all those modifications I don't see how it would still have the original electroless nickel finish.

·
Registered
322 Posts
With all those modifications I don't see how it would still have the original electroless nickel finish.
Nope, must have been refinished. If the work was done by a note able/ collectible smith then OP may be in luck, if not then a nice shooter grade Colt is quite a different number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
78,171 Posts
The high-cut front strap and fiber optic front sight indicates a fairly recent custom job, so I'm surprised the builder's name isn't still associated with it. Overall it looks well-done, but like the others said customized guns are hard to value as the quality of the work and who did it is a significant factor.

Reactions: simonp67

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
With all the work done to it, i wonder why they didn’t lower & flare the ejection port ?
Nice pistola by the way.
And as others have said, if you can prove a popular Or exclusive gunsmith did the work, you could have a pricey pistol.

Have you shot it yet ?
Looking at the height of the rear sight and how low the F/O insert of the front sight is, I would imagine it would shoot very high.
Please follow up with a range report when you do get out & fire this.

·
Administrator
78,171 Posts
With all the work done to it, i wonder why they didn’t lower & flare the ejection port ?
They did lower & flare the ejection port. It's just not as aggressive as some gunsmiths make it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.