1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
73,995 Posts
Don't screw with it. Cutting the frame for a beavertail is the worst thing you could do to a nice vintage GI frame. If you really hate to shoot it in its current condition then shelve it and modify a modern pistol. Otherwise, simply wear a Band-Aid across the web of your hand when you shoot it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't screw with it. Cutting the frame for a beavertail is the worst thing you could do to a nice vintage GI frame. If you really hate to shoot it in its current condition then shelve it and modify a modern pistol. Otherwise, simply wear a Band-Aid across the web of your hand when you shoot it.
Thanks dsk. I also posted on another forum and following some replies, I said "With what I now know, I think I should have posted "Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a good shooting glove ?"

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a good shooting glove ?"[/COLOR]
But again, honestly, you wilj find on here most of us cringe when someone uses their WWI/WWII colt as a shooter. They ain't making any more and they deserve to rest peacefully. Frames and slides are known to crack rendering the $2000 pistol into a $500 pistol.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Nice photo! I have a pistol just like it. :)

Drop in Wilson grip safety on a Colt Government frame with a Commander hammer. No alterations.

-- Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts