1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's a 1942 Colt, that was arsenal refurbished years ago, and has not been fired.
I'm trying out a new picture host that seems to work once in a while.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
That is the nicest looking WWII 1911 I've ever seen. May I ask how much you paid for it? Original GI 1911s are generally out of my price range. I'll have to content myself with CMP Garands in order to have a piece of that era. Do wish they would sell 1911s along with their M1s.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks RGL01. I have had this one for many years, believe it was "surplused" around 1970 or so. It's a safe queen, that I put away, and has never been fired. I assumed it was refurbished, as every military 1911A1 I have ever seen had been fired sometime in it's life. All the parts are Colt, so who knows. It is in outstanding condition. Don't really know what the value is now.
Keep aquiring and collectiong those CMP Garands, they will dry up someday, got a few of them myself. Far better than new stuff that is being made now.
Years go, you could get 1911s from the DCM and/or NRA for around $25 IIRC, but those are long gone.

·
Administrator
74,658 Posts
Nice looking Colt. But it's GHD inspected. Are you sure it's not a 1943?

·
Registered
609 Posts
@dsk: wouldn't a 1942 hammer be longer and wider than this one?

·
Administrator
74,658 Posts
A few parts have definitely been changed. The trigger and hammer are both 1944 and later. The MS housing appears to be as well, although it's hard to tell from this angle. However, given the fact it's an arsenal rebuild anyway it really doesn't matter. The arsenals didn't have future collectors in mind when they rebuilt weapons.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Mighty nice 1911, MA. Very cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts