1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Colt 1911A1 WW2 Reproduction IS NOW HERE!

Just paid off a WW2 Reproduction. Private seller was gracious enough to give me 30 days to pay it off, what a great guy! Hopefully, I'll have it on Wednesday! I'm so psyched!

WW2 Repro, SN# WMK1914 (what a cool SN, huh?) United States Property marking and no color mismatch. 500 rounds through it, seller picked up FFL transfer fee and shipping. $800 or $750 including the shipping and transfer fee. Good deal?

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Glad to hear your getting one. I had to get mine out this weekend after I picked up a '44 Springfield Garand. They just belong together. :)

·
Administrator
72,482 Posts
Too bad you didn't get #WMK1911. ;)

·
Administrator
72,482 Posts
It's parkerized. You could of course have it blued, but then it wouldn't look period-authentic. There were never any blued WB-inspected Colt M1911A1's.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dsk said:
It's parkerized. You could of course have it blued, but then it wouldn't look period-authentic. There were never any blued WB-inspected Colt M1911A1's.
Dang, that Carbonia Blue is the Dog's Dingly-Danglies! Guess that means I have to get a WW1 repro too?

Old lady's gonna KILL ME!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my WW2 Today! I'm a happy camper! There is a few spots of holster wear around the lettering and rear edges. It has the UNITED STATES PROPERTY markings and a smooth short trigger and serrated slide stop. I'll replace those with USGI Checkered parts, hopefully I can find COLT parts.....

I will post pictures of my 2 Colt's tonight. I gotta setup my digital camcorder which is a PITA, altho it's a Canon XL-1, it takes crappy digital stills.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts