1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a gun shop today and ran across a 91A1 compact, it appears to be a good gun, its used, but still in good shape. anyone have any experience with these??

also there was a used officers model in stainless, also in good shape. its got the bull barrel (so does the compact 91A1).

i heard about problems with the officers, did using the bull barrel fix that?

any input would be great, reliability, and accuracy.

i want a full size grip frame like on the recon, but the only way to get that is to get a colt officers slide with a caspian frame that i guy i know has, but i don't know about those either, except that he will let me take them home and shoot them

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Officers is same gun as 1991 Compact. Bull barrel? Unless there's no barrel bushing they are standard configuration. Add a S&A mag well and a Wilson mag with base pad and you have almost 1/4" added grip length. I've got 2 in this configuration.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The barrel in teh officer's & compact are belled out at the end, which is why the bushing is so thin.
The general fix for them was to put in either a true bull barrel (locks up directly to the slide) or a thicker bushing. You also do away with the lugged bushing plug for a reverse plug setup.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,219 Posts
The belled muzzle of the OACP is to allow the bushing to pass over the upper barrel lugs as the gun cycles. It might have some other benefits, as well. If you like the full-sized grip, why don't you just get a Commander?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts