1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference in size between 1991 Compact and 1911 Officers? The reason I ask is because there are no molded holsters for 1991 Compact, and was wondering if the 1911 Officers would work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rodger

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Roger I think it will work, I'm might be wrong, but it wont be the first time. I hope someone else will get in here and straighten this up.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Delta223,

Your compact has a 3" barrel compared to an Officer's 3 1/2".

The Officer's holster will work for your compact with a half an inch left over for the slide.

Shouldn't be any problem at all.

------------------
PISS A LIBERAL OFF

BUY A HANDGUN....

·
Registered
16 Posts
My M1991-A1 Compact had a 3.5 inch barrel.

I had no problems finding a nylon tactical holster.

------------------
Steve L

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I finally just broke down and called Milt Sparks and he said his VM2 does come in 1991A1 Compact. Which tactical nylon did you get Steve L.?

Rodger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And by the way, I was just looking in my owners manual for my 91A1 Compact (yes, I hang on to everything) and it says the barrel length for the 1911 Officer's ACP and the 1991A1 Compact both have a 3 5/8" barrel. The Defender is the only one with a 3" barrel.

Rodger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it to you but the Fobus (paddle) made for the Colts seems to work fine without a whole lot of room left over. I've used it for my compact and commander. You might want to check it out. Cheap, too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I own them both and they're the same in every aspect except for the raised rib,beaver tail grip safety and slanted cocking serrations on the Enhanced Officers model. I use a belt slide and or a Yauqui(spl) both from Galco for all of My 1911's without any problems.Hope this helps.tom.

------------------
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

[This message has been edited by deputy tom (edited 06-24-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Oh my God! Same barrel as an officers model you say?

My oh my how true it is that memory fades.
In fact I've heard that memory is the first thing to go as you get older.Can't remember what the second thing was.

Delta 223,

I just had Rafter S build me a holster out of sharkskin for my officers model.I could not be happier with the quality of their work.The price for a belt,holster and double mag pouch in sharkskin was less than half of a comparable Sparks rig.

Is it as good as a Sparks rig? I'm satisfied that it is. Check them out.....

www.raftersgunleather.com/

------------------
PISS A LIBERAL OFF

BUY A HANDGUN....

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yes, the 1991 compact is the "cheaper" model of the Officers, just like the 1991 Government compared to the Enhanced/ XS/ XSE

AFAIK, the Compact and Officers have both been discontinued.
(no, it doesn't make your gun more valuable now, it just means the Defender is better :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts