1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local pawn shop yesterday and I noticed that they have a Colt 2000 in 9mm and they wanted 7 bills for it. I know how most people on here don't like the 2000 and I'm not too keen on them now that I've seen one in person. Can anyone enlighten me on them and I'll see if it interests me more.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Bad QC, bad accuracy, destroyed any good rep Colt had in the 1990s (which wasn't much after union problems had made them a hit and miss quality brand at the time)...

Someone wants them, someone buys them based on gunpoker and armslist prices. I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot stick.

The Al guns are worth more as they tend to be less crappy.

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
Quite possibly the single biggest POS ever assembled in the Colt factory.

The gun rags all raved about how that gun was going to save Colt from financial ruin.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
See if they will take 5. If it's in excellent condition that's what it's worth. The only way they will sell it at that price is if the person has no idea what they are buying.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Back when they came out I paid $375 for it new and sold it for the same..I would pay maybe $150 for one now...nothing to write home about...too long trigger...would foul easy...hard for me to shoot..etc...etc..the prototypes they had at the SHOTSHOW were way better than the production guns. The design is long gone for a reason....good riddance.:barf:

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Wouldn't have one up my arse, even if I had room for a steamboat.

Bob

·
Administrator
74,042 Posts
Aside from looking butt-ugy, I read somewhere that the design had some serious teething problems that convinced Colt to discontinue the model rather than spend yet more R&D fixing them.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The design was bought from Reed Knight & 90% outsourced by Colt.
The original Knight pistol wasn't too bad.
Denis

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
"An aluminum framed version of the pistol with wooden grips was made in addition to the polymer framed version and both are sought after by collectors of Colt Firearms because of the low numbers produced during their short production run." - Wikipedia

·
Administrator
74,042 Posts
As non-firing collectibles, if still mint in the original box then sure. If with visible evidence of handling and use then they're good as "throw down" guns and little else.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Wouldn't have one up my arse, even if I had room for a steamboat.

Bob
That's pretty graphic for a family forum.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
"An aluminum framed version of the pistol with wooden grips was made in addition to the polymer framed version and both are sought after by collectors of Colt Firearms because of the low numbers produced during their short production run." - Wikipedia
That's Wikipedia. I take everything on Wikipedia with a grain of salt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts