1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a 1911, but it's a Colt. I came back from a local gun show today with a Colt .22 semi-auto pistol. Don't know what model it is, but it has a 4 1/2 inch barrel with a blue rib. It's stainless steel, with polymer grip. Fixing to break it down for "clean & lube". Any info would be appreciated. I don't have any pictures at this time. Thanks, skynyrd1911

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have one too, that I purchased new about 5-6 years ago. The Model is a Colt 22 Target. Mine is a good shooter, only it does not like certain brands of ammunition, what it digests best is something that is a little more consistently hot in order to keep it from stovepiping. The only negative is that I would like to have a couple of more magazines and it has been a real chore to find spares. Everyone thinks the pistol is a Woodsman when I try to ask around and I have to explain that it is not.

Good Shooting,
JPH712

·
Registered
400 Posts
skynyrd1911,
Nice buy, I have the 6" Target Model. If it doesn't say Colt Target Model on the left side of barrel and s/n prefix isn't TM then it's the regular Colt 22, mine also has adj rear sight. Great shooters but like JPH712 said they like hot ammo, thought I'd never get mine running right but what do you expect from american eagle ammo. You will love the gun, a ball to shoot, although the mag release tends to stick out too much and you can accidentally drop a mag. They were originally intended to be released as the Colt Cadet, but some kind of copywrite infringment reared it's ugly head so Colt just named them Colt's .22.
I also have one of the first editions in black chrome, it's a beaut but still remains unfired and a safe queen. Can't remember when or why Colt discontinued them but it's been quite a while. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I have the 4" model and it has been a joy to shoot. A year or two ago, CDNN was selling the 6" barrel and slide combo along with a red dot sight so I picked that up too. Not I can switch barrels when I want, between a 4" with fixed sights and a 6" with adjustables and a red dot.

Mine is VERY accurate with either barrel.

CDNN has had mags in the past, though they don't list them currently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have two 4 inchers. One stainless and one black crome. Also have a stainless 6" target model. The 4" stainless was my "FIRST" handgun. Bought it new in 94' I think. Picked it up for $199.00. Anyway, I just LOVE these plinkers!:D :D :D

·
Registered
617 Posts
The Beretta Neo's is a direct rip-off of the Colt 22 Target. Even the magazines exchange so if you having problems finding Colt magazines try the Neo's they'll work fine.

I bought one years ago for my daughter and she love it though i would love to reduce the trigger pull a tad. Great gun wish colt had kept making it with a few refinements like th magazine release protected from accidental release.

Oh well!..If wishes where horses beggers would ride!

BE safe:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts