1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was watching T.V. they had a Colt in .380 on it. It look just like a 1911, but smaller. It seemed like an interesting gun. Anybody have any info, or where I can go to get info. Also wer the SA like the fullsize?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mustang or Gov't Prolly

My dad has a .380 Gov't Model. Very sweet little pistol. The only difference between it and a .45ACP is that it's smaller and it doesn't have a grip safety. Some other internal dimention differences, but it's very, very similar in construction to a .45. The Colt Mustang is even smaller (true pocketgun) than the Gov't Model. You can find them on gun auction sites pretty commonly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was on a tv show, so I was wondering about it. So on the show the hammer was always down when they went to shoot. Ha I told my wife most likely the gun wouldn't have worked in real life.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have both a .380 government and a mustang. I was shooting both at the range this week. Great little guns, but not as accurate as their big brother. Loaded with hydro-shock they sure are handy.

No, they wouldn't have worked, they're both single action. They are different though in that the thumb safety can be engaged when the gun is not cocked.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
How about one of these?

My wifes Colt Mustang Pocketlite:

My Customized Colt Mustang:

My Colt Mustang Plus II:

·
Registered
315 Posts
COLT .380

Another one! I love em. Wish Colt would release them again!

·
Registered
456 Posts
This is my wifes' gov.380.Bright nickel.The pic doesn't do it justice.The sides shine like a mirror.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts