1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon folks. Although I am registered here I almost never post, as I spend most of my time on THR or the SIGforums. At any rate I had a question that I figured I would pose to the experts, so here goes. Thank you in advance for any insight.

I have a relatively new production Colt 1911 (1991A1) 2000s vintage, that has the marking "Colt .45 Auto Euro -" on the chamber of the barrel. I don't understand the Euro marking.

I have done some searching and cannot find anything.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
21,984 Posts
Does it shoot with standard .45 ACP ammunition? If so, I figure it is just a cosmetic thing for sales somewhere that .45 ACP was not banned.

There were some Colts for the .451 Jaeger cartridge, made shorter than .45 ACP for Italy and other European tyrannies that do not allow private ownership of firearms of "military" caliber. One of them would not fully chamber an ACP.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would just pick up the phone and call Colt..

COLT'S MANUFACTURING COMPANY LLC
Customer Service Department
P.O. Box 1868
Hartford, CT
06144-1868 U.S.A.

Tel: 1-800-962-COLT
Fax: (860) 244-1449

Good Luck

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Call Colt's on Monday.

Today, though, remove the barrel and drop a .45ACP cartridge into it. Note where the rim of the cartridge sits. Should be flush with the aft end of the barrel "hood." This cartridge headspaces on the case mouth, so a shorter chamber (as suggested earlier) won't let a standard .45ACP cartridge drop fully into the chamber.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Never heard of this either. +1 call Colt. Keep us posted. Where are you located and where did you buy the gun? Did you buy it new or used? Tracy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.