1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I spent my day doing the usual rounds on the job;listening to some great war stories on AM radio and recanting some of the stories my father and uncle told me about WWII. With that I decided to pencil in some visits to local gun dealers that resale firearms(used consignment only now in Ca.). On my last stop, I was checking out a nice 586 S&W 4 inch when the owner offered to check his safe for any of the guns I normally buy(ie Colt 1911). He had 3 pistols from an estate sale that were brought in the day before. There were 3 Colts (25;32& 380 hammerlesses) given to a child from the parent who was the original buyer. I bought the 32 and 380 and left the 25 for someone else. They are well used but now have a new home after I wait 10 days. This has no great significance beyond the desire to keep the ponies safe in an otherwise unfriendly environment. There is some satisfaction knowing that my uncle Jack had a german officer surrender to him in the Black forest with a little persuasion from a Colt .32 like the one I bought. My uncle sold his after the war but kept the german officers p-38 9mm up till a couple years ago when it was stolen. God bless the veterans!!!!!;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts