1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the price of Colt pistols is OUTrageous but I'm selling my Concealed Carry Officer's model and was wondering what it would be worth?? I'm thinkin $650
Its been fired very little, matte stainless steel, novak three dot sights, two seven rd mags, box, manuel, ect........... I am selling to buy a new toy. THANX

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
At that price, it should be gone before I finish this post

I would jump all over this, except that I can't import it into the PRK now, where were you a month ago?

Anyway, I would say that depending on condition, you might fetch as much as $750 from the right buyer, but $650 should get you a quick sale on a C.C.O.

You can try posting it on GunsAmerica, or on Gunbroker if you're into auctions...

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,426 Posts
I saw a used XS Commander at my local gun show, tagged at something over $800; $650 certainly sounds fair for you CCO. By the way, does Manuel clean the gun? Har har.

Reactions: Retired AF CE

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I see that you already posted it on GunsAmerica...

Damn! It makes me sick the more I think about this...

I just got a LWT Commander, and wanted to add a Kimber CDP Compact or similar short grip Commander length gun for certain "deep" concealment use.

This would have been my first choice, but you just don't find many around these days.

[This message has been edited by jaydee (edited 01-03-2001).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
KITT,
Check your email. I'm one of the lucky ones who can still get Colts in Ca.

[This message has been edited by Quiet Storm (edited 01-03-2001).]

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a Blue enhanced Officers pistol. It was a x-mas gift gave Colt Cowboy and got this one. Anyway it is 1998 manufactured. And it is with all original box and papers. It has'nt fired since factory did. What is value anyone?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Around here in n.w. Idiana a gun like yours is a scarce commodity. $650 to $750 from a gun shop would not be unusual. I've got 2 Officers models. One is a Custom shop ultimate officers, the other a pre enhanced series '80. The second gun is ported and has a factory matte finish. It looks like Colt won't make any more of these type guns except 1991 and xs. When I Tnink of Colts I've traded/sold in last five years it makes me sick. I miss my RECON which i paid $425 for new, years ago.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Quiet Storm:
KITT,
Check your email. I'm one of the lucky ones who can still get Colts in Ca.
Sure like to know how you manage that!

I have a way around certain problems also, but sometimes, it's more hassle than it's worth...

737-200, Popeye is in the ball park... You can always sit on it, and wait for another two or three years, and it should be worth double the way things have been going.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jaydee, on of the exemptions of SB15 is that individual LEO's with a letter from their respective chief, can purchase non-certified handguns in Ca, after 01-01-01 if the firearm is used as a duty weapon, on or off-duty. I know it seems unfair, and I surely don't agree with BS15, but its one of the exemptions thats in the law.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Jaydee, on of the exemptions of SB15 is that individual LEO's with a letter from their respective chief, can purchase non-certified handguns in Ca, after 01-01-01 if the firearm is used as a duty weapon, on or off-duty. I know it seems unfair, and I surely don't agree with BS15, but its one of the exemptions thats in the law.
Figures... I knew there was an LE exemption...

Hmmmm... So I need to talk with a few buddies... They can use the LE exemption, then I do a private party transfer (also exempt) from them

There's still a chance to work around the system

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unfortunately, from what I've been told is that the LEO must use the non-certified firearm as a duty weapon as stated in the dept. letterhead and that it cannot be resold except to another LEO. I'm thinking the serial number goes with the letterhead and if that serial number gets DROS'd by someone other than another LEO with a letterhead a flag goes up and immediately alerts DOJ.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Unfortunately, from what I've been told is that the LEO must use the non-certified firearm as a duty weapon as stated in the dept. letterhead ......Snip.........if that serial number gets DROS'd by someone other than another LEO with a letterhead a flag goes up and immediately alerts DOJ.

I would seriously consider voting with my feet from a state that thinks the LEO needs something that the public cannot have!!! Bas**rds!

I hope those voters (and gun owning non-voters alike) get what they have coming from the state of CA. If rolling brown outs don't persuade them to wake up then what will?

Sorry maybe this belongs in General Discussion but I got fired up for a minute

PigPen

[This message has been edited by PigPen (edited 01-03-2001).]

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by PigPen:
I would seriously consider voting with my feet from a state that thinks the LEO needs something that the public cannot have!!! Bas**rds!
Yup... Planning my escape...

I simply hate this state!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Come join me in Chester County PA and we can shoot our 1911's.

Born, raised and lived 35 years in Kali. I miss the beaches, Tahoe and Yosemite but freedom and rational public policy are more precious.

Chester County: walk in to obtain CCW permit. Issued and received in 3 days (nicely laminated too I might add).

State sponsored free shooting range within 15 minutes of my house.

Also Class III friendly (but I don't have the funds to start enjoying that addiction)

This is also where Valley Forge is located. If you have never been there, I highly recommend along with trip to Gettysburg and Philly to see Independence Hall and Liberty Bell.

PA is birthplace of our freedom: Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

Hope to see you here. We'll make a stand.
Abudoggie

[This message has been edited by Abudoggie (edited 01-04-2001).]

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Went through the area in 1977 on my way to Morraine State Park for the National Jamboree.

I am sure it has changed alot since then, but then, what hasn't. We flew in to Newark, and toured through DC, and Philly on our way out west.

I am certain Newark is still a cesspool, much like it was 25 years ago

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
BTW... Utah is top on the list, followed by AZ. I just can't see myself in PA... Ever!

Sorry to you all back there, but it's just too close to DC, and that's about the only place on earth that's worse than here!

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
jaydee:
Spent a lot of time in Utah, doing underwater engineering all around the state. It was also my #1 place, till I found north NV. Lots of folks seem to dislike Utah, but it treated us real well!

------------------
Make It Hot!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts