1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put money down on a late 1970's Series 70 Colt Combat Commander. It will probably be a month or so before I pick the gun up as it was a totally unexpected purchase. The gun was a duty gun for about ten years that belonged to now retired cop. He used it to pay for some gunsmithing in a local shop. As Series 70 Colts (and just Colts in general) are becomming hard to find in California I jumped on it. The slide frame fit seemed kinda loose and it is begging to be refinished. Could you guys post some pics of your Colt Combat Commanders (both custom and stock)? I'm looking for ideas. This gun had a spurred hammer, is that normal? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,519 Posts

Here are some by John Harrison of Precision Gunworks, not my gun.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Here's a custom of mine by Ned Christiansen. I asked Ned to preserve the overall traditional look of the gun, but add some cool twists and turns. For example, we left traditional looking sights, but installed tritium lamps in them.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I have been looking for a good reason to post the pictures of my Pete Single custom Combat Commander. It is a 1991A1 stainless steel version. Pete is a great pistolsmith. He is fameous for his machine work and especially his machine checkering, but as you cansee here, he can do much more. Pete is a great fellow too, by the way.

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts