1911Forum banner

Trade the Colt

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm into kind of a big trouble here...and I need to make a decision.

I've got a Colt combat elite, the current production government model which I like quite a bit. I got it a few months ago and I'm very pleased with it but I have a thing for the Ronin since the day that came out.
Now, my Colt has got very few rounds on it, like four hundred or so and I found a guy who has an unfired Ronin who would do the trade.
I thought this was the right place to ask because I'm torn and can't decide if I'm doing the right thing...
The Colt has a very nice 25lpi checkered front strap, night sights and, maybe, better quality internals...

But the Ronin speaks to me as a very classy yet modern 1911.

Would you do the trade?
Wood Font Material property Household hardware Gas

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
270 Posts
Maybe I should've specified that the trade wouldn't cost any money, it would be my gun for his gun.
Still a better deal for him than you. Colts always go up in value. And yours has a checkered front strap... Not a good trade for a Ronin. Wait a couple months, save the pennies, and buy one... There's a ton around...

·
Registered
364 Posts
My man, that Colt is worth way more than any Ronin, I’m sure in the end he’ll be ready to hop in the truck and meet in a convenient spot for you.

Even if you take the marked up pandemic nonsense out of the equation you have a pony not a phony, with fsc.. hold onto that puppy for a bit, she’s a beaut!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems like we have a winner here… but the thing it, apart from the checkering, is my combat elite more of a gun than the ronin? Let’s ignore the Colt fuss, is the combat elite a superior 1911?

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,983 Posts
Suggested retail on the Colt is $1400, while the Ronin is $900 . . .

Reactions: GOLDWINGS

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
270 Posts
You can sell it to me for the price of the Ronin...

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
270 Posts
Seems like we have a winner here… but the thing it, apart from the checkering, is my combat elite more of a gun than the ronin? Let’s ignore the Colt fuss, is the combat elite a superior 1911?
And yes.. All day long...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I look at it in terms of how few parts I would want to replace. Primarily, Colt still makes fantastic forged slide stops (last I heard). Springfields are easy to work on and modify, but the only thing I might do on that Colt is switch to a single-sided thumb safety. That's pretty much it....maybe grips and trigger of your choice? You would be a fool to trade that Colt for an SA. And I say that with the greatest respect I can for SA...because I like SA guns.

It's difficult for me to even understand your mindset, but I'm trying. I almost traded a pristine, barely used 1991 Browning Hi Power for a much later-model CZ75. Can you imagine how much I would be kicking myself if I had? This is your "kicking yourself" moment. Fk that Ronin. There will be others (y)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts