1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these? What kind of CC pistol does it make? I was thinking of one as a spare CC pistol to my 3incher's - New Agent and Kimber UCII...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have one on order and it should be here next week. As far as concealability, these Commanders are not a first choice for most. It is easy to print with one of these. As you know, your body helps for either good or bad as to how much we print. I wear a size larger shirt or sweater and hope for the best. I have missed my 1911 friend on my side but that is soon to be rectified.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't mind where did you get it and what did you pay? I can't find one anywhere except for the rip off artists on GB...?:(

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got an XSE LWT Commander in 45 ACP that I've been carrying for over a year now. It's been flawless, with no FTF/FTE. Plus, it's an accurate pistol. It weighs in at approx. 26 oz., so it's not too heavy for extended carry. I'd buy another one in a heatbeat. I've made a few changes to mine, ie. beavertail safety, single-sided thumb safety and grips. The changes that I made were just personal preference, nothing more. Check here for good prices on Colt handguns.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_141

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've had mine for about a month now and have put 500 rds through it with no issues at all.

I like the gun, it's my first 1911 in a long, long time and I'm not disappointed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you don't mind where did you get it and what did you pay? I can't find one anywhere except for the rip off artists on GB...?:(
I got mine through my local FFL dealer. He does his business through Davidsons. Davidsons give a lifetime warrenty on my Colt for as long as I own it. My XSE Commander cost me $910.00 plus tax. There are places that are a little cheaper but, if I do have a problem with mine , my dealer will ship it to Davidsons for me :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts