1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a blued 99% Combat Commander at my local gun shop, they just got it in and want 699.00 for it.
It has the original box but no insides of the box (don't know what supposed to be inside) an extra factory mag.
It still has the orig. warranty card in the box.
The serial is 70BS201XX

The forum's thoughts on this?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Do they sell new Colts?

If you can get any of the new Colts in Mass. then I would look hard at the price unless it has some collector value(ser 70; odd caliber;special edition). If you can't get new Colts then that would be a fair price and it may be a fair price depending on the model even if it's not a special run. The used handgun market in states
with oppressive laws usually allows the seller another 25% or more in markup from other states. Don't miss a good deal now because they may be non existant in a couple of years. RB behind the wall in Kali..:hrm:

Edited to add that I didn't notice your ser#. I would buy it.
Regards,
RB

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, the first Colt I ever owned, which I bought in 1972 (if memory serves), cost me $125.00 at a drug store. It was a blued .45 Combat Commander. I still remember the serial number, though-70BS20178. I don't suppose...?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No but close! it's 22

Money is tight but it's a BEAUTIFUL gun it's used (of course) and looks great!

Looks like I might take the plunge.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Not a bad price for Mass on a 99% Colt.
There is a gun shop in Springfield that has 2 like new Defenders for 700 and 800. Nite sights is the difference.
You could maybe get lucky and find one for less, but you may have to wait 2 years or so to do it.

Enjoy,
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts