1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa was good to me. I received a Colt Lightweight Commando Edition. I've had it on lay-a-way for a couple of months and my wife got it for me for Christmas. I shot it today and was very pleased with it. No problems. Life is good!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is a Officer size upper on a full size lower. I can't find it in the Blue Book but I believe it was a special run. I think they were made two ways - alloy lower and stainless steel lower.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What is your S/N prefix?
In 1996 or therabouts I purchased one of a special run of Commanders, bright stainless slide/ highly polished blued frame.
It is still sitting in a vault, so my recollection is serial # prefix UCC, and I think right side of slide is "Combat Commando"
The UCC stood for Ultimate whatever whatever.
I guess I'll have to go look at it one day.

Max

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maxxus,

The prefix is LCC. I believe it stands for Lightweight Colt Commando. The frame is alloy and not blued. I need to contact Colt for a letter but I need the money worse than I need to know the history at this time. Thanks for your comment.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Chucker 55.......Sorry, don't know proper name. Here is follow on to my previous.

Colt firearm I have is the following, from box marking. I didn't look at the pistol for slide marking:
Colt Commander
S/N UCC 07x
.45 ACP 3.5 " .bbl
Colt Product Code #09281CCS
Ultimate Edition - Bright Blue/ Bright Stainless
Looked at it several weeks ago which is what prompted my reply.
It is all steel, no alloy, not light weight, and from recollection the right side of slide is roll marked " Combat Commando", not I think, "Commander" . Has typical Colt 3 dot sights. Has never been carried or fired....just nurturing in a vault. Purchase date was: 1996, or 1997, or 1998.
Anyway, it is an "Ultimate Combat "something very pretty" "
Won't worry about it until or if I decide to sell it
If you are calling Colt, the people I speak or usually speak to are: Cyndi Lapointe; a Michael and a Richard or best of all; Paul Zamzky previously of the Colt Custom Shop

Rgds., Max :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts