1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered a Kimber Custom II Stainless with night sights, and should pick it up today. I have always had Colts before, and still have a few 1911A1's, (a Rem-Rand and a Colt, both WWII issue), a Series 70 Gvt Model, a Series 80 Gold Cup, and a HK USP .45. For those of you that have a Kimber Classic, how are they? Any problems and/or fixes that are common? I know this is a little late to ask, but from what I've read, they are supposed to be very good. Have a friend that has one and swears by it. How well do they match up next to a Colt? Thanks for any answers to these dumb questions that have probably been asked many times before.

·
Administrator
73,384 Posts
IMO a Colt and a Kimber can be compared as easily as a Beretta and a SIG. While they both do the same, they really are geared for different people. The Kimber comes from the factory with all the ohh-ahh features many people ask for in a 1911. The Colt is for those who either like theirs bone-stock, or have their own ideas where they want to take a custom project. With both brands quality is usually excellent, although with both it has wavered from time to time.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I have several Colts and two Kimbers, both pre-II's.

They all are fit and well finished.
They all are accurate.
They all run.

The Kimbers have been worked on a little bit, one a lot, and the same for the Colts. But because I wanted it done, not because it needed to be done. Get the pistol that has the features you want. You'll be happier that way.

Lost count on how many times. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts