1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the different numbers associated with CCS smiths? I know 3 is David and I believe 7 Matt. That speaks for 4 of 7 of my Colts originating from the custom shop. The other three are a 5 and two 7's. I know the test targets are not a true indication. Of my two older SCG's built by David, only one is test fired by David as well. I was just thinking it would be neat to know.

·
Registered
292 Posts
So, I have a SCG Carry, original box, cardboard sleeve, paperwork etc, with no stamp on the trigger guard, yet it does have the CCS stamp under the left grip panel. Any insight into this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
So, I have a SCG Carry, original box, cardboard sleeve, paperwork etc, with no stamp on the trigger guard, yet it does have the CCS stamp under the left grip panel. Any insight into this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There should be a number stamped somewhere on it unless the smith had a brain fart. Brain farts can’t be helped.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 was me

5 replaced me. Don’t know his name

7 is Matt LaBonte

9 is Greg Mozzotta

2 was one of the OG CCS smiths who’s name I forget. Retired.

Hope that helps.

Perfect!! Only have one #5, we actually spoke about that particular pistol a while back. The two I have of yours were both NOS. Bought them at sep times but they are consecutive serials. Pretty neat find! One is still NOS and the other has been flawless.

·
Registered
56 Posts
3 was me

Hope that helps.
Forgive my ignorance as I'm fairly new here, but who is "me"?

Also, has anyone come up with a name for number 5 yet?

I found this quite interesting. I purchased a couple of Special Combat Government pistols last year. It's nice to put a name to them.

One is in 38 Super that was built by #9 Greg Mozzotta and

One in 45 ACP built by #7 Matt LaBonte

Both are just plain awesome!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"me" would be David Panciotti, formally of CCS and currently Evolution Armory. You should check out the web-page, some nice looking work !

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cannot answer your question regarding #2 and smith. However, that is once nice looking Special Combat. I kind of think that is how they should have came with target sights on a handful only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts