1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend's selling a Colt CZ40 for $500. Is this a good price? or should I pass? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
labuyo

I would think that this would be a fair price provided it truely is marked as a Colt. To the best of my knowledge Colt never actually went forward with the venture with CZ, so this pistol may be a pre-production prototype.

Now CZ has had such high regard for the pistol that was developed for the joing venture, they are producing and marketing it on their own as a CZ. These pistols are marked CZ40 and only have CZ markings. So take a good look at it and determine if it really is marked Colt. I have not seen a CZ 40 yet so I can not tell you what the market price for this pistol is as a CZ.

I hope this helps.

------------------
Str8_Shot

The best handgun for self defense, is the one you have with you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
They made 850 (so I was told) value at this time is 650-850, please buy.!!! Wish I could.
I have the 40b model great gun,but does not
have colt stamped on the frame.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy gave it up to me for $475 I'm picking it up on Wednesday. I really want it as a collection piece, so I plunged! Thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As soon as I get this piece and I'll share some photo. But I have to learn how to post pics first!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts