1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
Where do you live???

Without knowing where you live, that's a tough one. I certainly would not purchase a Colt on the web; not a production one, anyway. I would like to inspect it first. :)

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
I agree...one I bought brand new sight-unseen had terrible problems that were obvious right out of the box. QC seemed to be hit and miss a couple of years ago. Don't know about now.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Over the past half dozen years I have bought 15-20 guns over the internet and all were at least as good as advertized and most better. I have never bought a dud yet. Maybe I'm lucky but I tend to buy from sellers that have good reps. Bob

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bought a Colt Trophy Gold Cup from budsgunshop.com, great price and absolutely no complaint on transaction or the quality of the Colt

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've heard lots of good stuff about Bud's. The folks at Clyde Armory are pretty good (actually outside Athens, GA).

THe good thing about buying a new Colt is the the customer service folks will usually make you happy if you buy a defective gun. It is a lot of hassle, but if you're saving enough money, it may be worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts