1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting these two pistols at the same time in the next few weeks - how are they? I've seen both of them and am impressed by their quality and triggers, but are they extremely reliable with factory magazines and cheap ammunition (i.e. Blazer, Winchester, etc.)?

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have two GCTs and a Defender and lov'em:rock: but you have to understand where you are asking your question:).

Do a search and you will get many hits, read through them...

Go to a couple of ranges/shooting matches and see what people think of them that are shooting, ask questions of gunsmiths that do alot of work on pistols. Rent, if possible, borrow/ask to shoot someone's.

You going to make a sizable investment and should be sure in your mind and heart that it's right. Best of luck, Preston

·
Registered
815 Posts
Both are good guns

I own both the Defender and the Gold Cup, and they are among my favorite guns. Each is adapted for a different application, and each is reliable and sturdy. I generally shoot either Blazer or Winchester white box for practice ammo, and each works perfectly. I also use Wilson magazines, which I think are better made than factory Colt magazines.

Here is a shot of both together. Somehow a Kimber slipped in there as well:

·
Registered
23,210 Posts
Oh my gosh. I thought I saw a mimber in front of my eyes. Now that I have more time I have a couple Defenders and one is going well after 2.5K rounds and the other after 1.5K rounds

On the Gold Cup side. I think they are one of the best buys in 1911 land. I have a bunch. One I have digital of is a GCNM made in 1988.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts