1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gun shop today and saw what looks to be a defender XS. It had the dovetail sights front and rear with the dorsal fin grip safety. The price was 600.00 if anyone is interested e-mail me and I'll give you the phone number.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
he meant XS style.

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

IF IT'S NOT A COLT, IT'S JUST A COMPROMISE!

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Exactly, the Defender is a Series 90 gun which was equipped with many of the same "Colt Competition" components that were fitted to the Series 80 Enhanced models, and later, to the XS guns. The Defender isn't technically an XS derivative, but I can certainly see where the confusion might come from. Either way, they are great little sidearms!

Chuck

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has the same grip safety,sights,extended thumb safety,hammer and trigger. I said it looked like an XS. Don't be so testy.

I'm just trying to help it find a good home.

·
Registered
445 Posts
HEY Elizabeth Colt:GUNNUTS HERE,This is the second post that I've read! that you made! out of WHAT! 30 some!Where you come on like a bitch!What up?JUNIOR MEMBER!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gunnutz -

Chill with the B-Word language, man. That's not called for.

Women are welcome here, too.

EtB

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> Hey Elizabeth Colt, is Capitol Lunch still there? Best hot dogs I ever had.
===============================

<><> Raspy <><>

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by gunnuts:
HEY Elizabeth Colt:GUNNUTS HERE,This is the second post that I've read! that you made! out of WHAT! 30 some!Where you come on like a bitch!What up?JUNIOR MEMBER!
Dude,

Quit giving me a bad name. That is just uncalled for. If you don't like how she is acting, be constructive about it and maybe you'll be able to work something out.

Granted, she was nitpicking on her post. But what you have done is just childish and begging for a flame war, which is totally against the forum policy. I lurked here for two months before I decided to sign up to post. And obviously it seems that # of posts has nothing to do with maturity level.

So let me start by trying to be constructive...

Elizabeth, why are you nit picking so much? We all know what he meant by posting about a Defender XS, so why don't you just cut the guy some slack?

See my example? Now if something bugs you about someone, can't you just be civilized and ask about it?

And if it isn't relevant to the forum we can just hit the e-mail icon and ask that stuff off forum?

There must be a full moon out this week...lotsa people seem a tad on edge.

Peace...(through superior firepower!
)

[This message has been edited by Gun Nut (edited 11-16-2001).]

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think its time we all reviewed the forum policies. For those of you that may have forgotten or may not care, let me refresh your memory.

This forum will not tolerate flame wars, personal insults, name calling, most curse words and general rudeness.

The Colt Board pretty much runs itself and for that I am thankfull. I would like to keep it that way. Tone down the language and the comebacks, it serves no usefull purpose and creates hostilities.

I dont have a lot of time to dedicate to behavior modification. I will warn you once, and go for termination of membership if it happens again. Check my signature line, it applies here too. Now, lets all play together please, and God Bless America.

Ken Neal

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
This one is closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.