1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine got a colt delta elite today. its blued. it is all orignal and in great shape.

2 questions,

when was it made? ser # DE028XX

the firing pin plunger in the slide is not there, did the put the series 80 saftey on this one or did they use the 80 slide without the added plunger, very curious.

any info would be great.

DSk- it would be nice to get some info on this that is simple, the last two guns i have ask about gave me and you fits, maybe this one will be easier!!!!

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
2,953 Posts
It is supposed to have the plunger - Colt didn't send any series 80 guns (slides) without the plungers installed.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
The entire 10mm Delta Elite line ran from 1987-1996. With the E suffix would be after 1991 I think. And without E is before 1991. And the plunger not there is wrong for the gun. As stated by James P.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the last two numbers in the ser are numbers,
the gun is very nice looking, its the darker bluing, but it looks good.

we were just wondering about the year, hopefully when dsk finds this he can give me a year on it, i keep giving him hard guns, and this one should be a breeze.

thanx for the info guys

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Originally posted by RUSSEL213:
a friend of mine got a colt delta elite today. its blued. it is all orignal and in great shape.

2 questions,

when was it made? ser # DE028XX

Hi Russel,
Your DE was made between 1987 and 1989. Sorry, I can't be more specific.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
152 Posts
My Delta Elite has a serial # 10ETXXX.

Can anyone tell me when it was made, or possibly direct me to a site that lists serial numbers and dates of manufacture?

Thanks!

Geoff Ross

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Originally posted by K80Geoff:
My Delta Elite has a serial # 10ETXXX.

Can anyone tell me when it was made, or possibly direct me to a site that lists serial numbers and dates of manufacture?

Thanks!

Geoff Ross
Hi Geoff...
Give Colt a call at 1-800-962-COLT and they will be able to tell you the date of mfg. with your exact serial no. Ditto for Russel 213.
Regards,
Sam

·
Administrator
73,792 Posts
The plunger was definitely removed by a previous owner. Without contacting Colt, the best way to get a ballpark idea regarding the year of manufacture is as follows:

In 1988, Colt went with the wide-tenon front sight (.125 vs. .088). Look inside the slide.

In 1990, Colt began to use wraparound pebbled rubber grips on all "O" frame pistols. I'm not sure if the Delta Elite always used them or not, though.

At around the same time, the finish went from a deep Royal Blue to a duller, blacker blue.

In 1992 the Enhanced guns were introduced. They are readily identifiable and have numbers with an E suffix.

Sorry if I'm not more help than that, but I'm mostly a GI guy.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts