1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per my previous thread :
Minor Annoyances

I just got my Colt back and they did a very good job and fixed the cosmetic flaws. The customer service was exception and very polite. I have to say that I'm most impressed by the time frame that they completed it in. Thanks Colt!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mustang said:
Per my previous thread :
Minor Annoyances

I just got my Colt back and they did a very good job and fixed the cosmetic flaws. The customer service was exception and very polite. I have to say that I'm most impressed by the time frame that they completed it in. Thanks Colt!
Let us see some pictures of your baby's new look!

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Yet more evidence that Colt is really doing the right things in making great guns and taking care of issues in a responsible, professional manner. Kudos to the folks at Colt and to Mark for being such a forum-involved Colt employee. I'm very comfortable that if the new Colt I should buy would not be up to standard for some reason, Colt could be counted on to make things right. That's awesome.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, and let me tell you...this thing has ballz. ;) I'm quite happy with the accuracy and 100% reliability as well. I'm so glad I replace my G21 with this.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Nothin' like a blue steel Colt! Beautiful. Are you going to do any mods to it? I can sure see that with an arched MSH and a short, solid trigger. Here's how that looks on one of my Series 70 reissues:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DHart,

Now that's a really nice gun/picture. Right now it's gonna remain stock until it sees much more action and starts showing some wear. It's working great as is but yes, it'll have some work done on it eventually. The long trigger has got to go. Short casull is certainly in it's future and eventhough the trigger pull is decent, I've been spoiled my a Mark Krebs trigger job on my Springfield so this one will have to get a nice crisp pull as well. I like the flat MSH but might replace it with an Ed Brown snakeskin. Other than that some day it might get
  • Heinie sights
  • Ed Brown thumbsafety
  • Match bushing
  • Serious melt job
  • Wilson beavertail

Thats a great picture. What kinda setup do you use?

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
The gun was laying on my gun workbench with window light behind it and just ambient room light. Camera on a tripod. Pretty dang simple. The window light is colder in color than the incandescent room lights, that's why the blue glow appears along the top of the slide. Basically a mismatch of lighting color temperatures, but in this case it looks ok.

The short Casull is not difficult to install... you just have to take your time filing/sanding down the edges of the trigger shoe to be able to slide it into the gun... just a modest amount of sanding and filing can do it. Takes about 30 minutes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts