1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow thats a TON of work. I appreciate the talent that went into creating this but...... It's a tad too busy for me. Leave off the gold plate, a little less scroll work and maybe some plain ivory grips and that should subdue it a little. However I understand tastes vary and congrats on your piece of art.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!! Maybe my guys will contact you to engrave a Colt 1911 for me when I retire!!!!!!! Very nice!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
hello primo, congratulations on your work

salu...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Beautiful piece of art! I agree with the prior poster about being a little too flashy with the gold pieces, but I do say that is a perfect example of a "Texas BBQ gun"!:rock:

·
Registered
440 Posts
It is truly a work of art. The amount of detail work is incredible. Even though I love engraved guns, that one is even a bit much for me.

How did you get it back and forth from Mexico. 45's are illegal down there.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Wow.

My guess is the engraver really loves his job. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Hi all.
Not my cup of tea by a long shot, but that Is top draw engraving If I ever saw It. How In the world can you put a price on something like that???
I have done hand tooled leather work from time to time, and the amount of time that you can put into something like that.

The only ones that could pay for It, are the ones that money means nothing, and I don't know people like that.

Semper Fi all. Hank D.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow thats a TON of work. I appreciate the talent that went into creating this but...... It's a tad too busy for me. Leave off the gold plate, a little less scroll work and maybe some plain ivory grips and that should subdue it a little. However I understand tastes vary and congrats on your piece of art.
Wow!!!!!!!!!! Maybe my guys will contact you to engrave a Colt 1911 for me when I retire!!!!!!! Very nice!!!!!!!!!
I can tell a lot of work went into this pistola - nice engraving!
Thanks for their commentaries

1 - 17 of 17 Posts