1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new Colt Gold Cup Trophy and hate the all black sites presently installed - anyone have a suggestion for changing out the sites? Not looking for any that require gunsmithing or light bar type sites, would rather have something I that will directly replace the existing sites. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Something to think about before you swap out the sights. The sights are generally black, even on stainless guns, so that you do not get a lot of glare off of them when shooting in bright sunlight.

MA

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
One other caution...........

Colt....in yet another in a continuing series of moves that only serve to frustrate their customers.... cuts the front sight dovetail too far forward on the slide. The end result being that many popular front sights will hang off the end of the slide.

Flame suit on, awaiting he Prancing Pony faithful.....:biglaugh:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Brief "threadnapping" here.

TRS, every time I see your signature line, I think to myself that you REALLY need to come up with something for Wilsons -- something about a "wealthy cougar" perhaps.:D

MA46

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
The first thing I did was scrap the black off of the face of the front sight with a knife. It's now bare metal. I might try some flo green model paint on it next. If I can't find a wider blade for the rear I'm going to take a file to it and open it up a few MM's. I couldn't shoot it out of the box. I like everything about the gun except the sights.

·
Registered
23,223 Posts
I would try cleaning the sights with something like isopropyl alcohol and then painting it with a tiny brush or toothpick or something as the cheapest solution.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Bear in mind that the GCT is a target pistol and hence, comes with target quality sights. They are good sights for their intended purpose.

That said, I have installed the heavier recoil spring on my GCT and have been carrying it this past year (waiting for my Delta Elite to return from the CCS). I have shot enough Bullseye with it to be very comfortable with the all black sights. Same with the black sights on my S&W 629 Mountain Gun I carry in the woods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts