1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got to really check it out it has hairlince scratche on side of slide small one though. and it does not have the box. he is asking 700.00?? Is that a good price told him 600.00 he said he will think about it. but doubt he will.

------------------
shooter.batcave.net

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thats a good price. Don't buy a Gold Cup for resale value. Buy it and shoot it. With time and practice you will see that it is slightly more reliable and sometimes more accurate than a standard Government. The biggest thing with a Gold Cup in my opinion is they last longer than a standard model. New to new you won't see a difference. But shoot it all your life and you will see the same results as new. And the Government will be tired and wanting to retire.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Name a price... Okay... $400
Hey, it's just a used, 4 year old Colt, and has 300 rounds through it, never mind the fact that it's a GC, and that it's just getting "broke-in"

Actually, anywhere from $600-800 is a fair price, depending on condition.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am not an expert but tend to agree around 600 is fair, trust me its more than a shop would give him if he slod it to them.

Mark

·
Registered
216 Posts
as we all know but sometimes forget, there are several ways to look at the value of something. I think what most people mean when they ask "What is the value" of an item is "what can I buy it for elsewhere". What they sometimes neglect to take into consideration is that seeing the item instead of a picture or worse a description from a stranger afar, paying shipping, waiting for it to arrive, taking the chance you will not get what you think you bought and trying to return it, time spent shopping (assuming that's a chore) is worth something. How much is a personal decision but it is worth something.

That's how I look at it. The rarer something is, the most time you will have to hunt it and the higher value I place on that "Something".

Averaged over a lifetime, what's $100.00? Now of course if your a gun trader.....well!

PigPen

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the guy I work with who is selling it is going to let me take it home tonight and field strip it and go thru it. Then I can acutally see whats up might be able to get him down to 675.00 maybe but he is pretty stuck on 700.00 he has not shot it in about 2yrs I just kept bugging him to sell it
so we will see tonight cant wait ..

------------------
shooter.batcave.net

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just picked up a NIB stainless gold cup trophy last thursday out the door for $999, they are great guns, and very reliable.

Used in that condition, $6-700 sounds fair

------------------
Have you Nuked a Hampster Today??
www.joecartoon.com

45 super, 1689 fps, any questions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Viper animal cruelty has no place on this forum. Hunting is one thing but ignorant remarks will make you unlikable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ummmmmm, go to the site, and play around and have fun and realize its a joke, then make Jacka$$ comments, please, otherwise, go back to you little hole in the ground and never come out again.

------------------
Have you Nuked a Hampster Today??
www.joecartoon.com

45 super, 1689 fps, any questions?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with 225ACP. I had a lot of 1911A1's but when I went to the Gold Cup I was really impressed. After 10 years of using it for everything from matches, plinking and as a carry gun. The Gold Cup has really grown on me. I never kept a 1911A1 for longer than two years without improving it or going to the Commander and then to the Officer's and back to a Government and then to another Commander model and so on.

$700.00 is a fair price if it hasn't been abused. If you go "Gold Cup" you won't go back to any other .45.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts