1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought myself another Colt 1911 Russian Contract.
This one is from the very early part of the contract serial C31377. Most likely spring 1916. Since this serial number is below 50 000, there is no ”ANGL. ZAKAZY” stamp.

This piece has seen a lot more trenches than the previous one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Russian contract pistols without the cyrillic marking on the dust cover???

If there are any Russian contract pistols without the Cyrillic markings on the dust cover (Below SN 50K??? or otherwise,) one would need a Colt factory letter to authenticate it. Lots of Government models within that serial number range were sold to customers other than the Russian Government. Caveat Emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware". Best Karl

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If there are any Russian contract pistols without the Cyrillic markings on the dust cover (Below SN 50K??? or otherwise,) one would need a Colt factory letter to authenticate it. Lots of Government models within that serial number range were sold to customers other than the Russian Government. Caveat Emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware". Best Karl
You are absolutely correct !
That why I have made an inquiry again to Colt Archives about this Colt 1911.
It will take some time to get it.

Unfortunately this piece does not have similar verified history as my other Colt, but there is no reason to think other than this was also captured from the Russians :scratch:

·
Registered
542 Posts
definitely a big difference in condition between the 2. I know the one with Cyrilic stampings brings a premium when compared to the ones that don't have it. I would imagine the ones that don't are still sought after, especially by collectors who are tyring to fill voids in their collections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts