1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a member please recommend a Colt dealer somewhere in the Tri-County (Palm Beach, Broward & Dade) area of south Florida?

I have already had three shops in Palm Beach tell me that Colt does not sell to dealers anymore. One mentioned that he has not seen a new 1991 Government model in years. All the dealers I have visited are listed on the Colt website as authorized dealers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Colt dealer in Florida

check with Ken Hamerman

2499 Palm Deer Road
Loxahatchee, FL 33470
Phone: 561-792-7899
Web Site: [email protected]

not sure about his proximity to you, but he's a good guy to do business with and has good prices.

He has a Blue 70 right now going for $750.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Delray Shooting Center,(561-265-0700) always has some new and used Colt 1911's. The only negitive is that they sell at full retail.

Colt does not sell to dealers anymore
Delray buys from a wholesaler, does it matter?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bluetooth said:
Delray buys from a wholesaler, does it matter?
Bluetooth, nope. I suppose it does not matter at all. But I wonder why it is that some dealers just refuse to even place an order for me?

I have been to Delray Shooting Center twice. Very nice facility and awesome selection. However, you are correct. The prices are quite high. Almost $900 for a NRM 1991 Gov't stainless. Beautiful pistol, but the price is just too much for me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Safari Gun & Pawn

Try Safari, he is located on 441/Belvedere. He does transfers for $35 if you go the web route. He charges 10% over cost which seems to be the standard these days. His number is 561-790-3557.

·
Registered
451 Posts
check with Mike at Firearms Plus in Ft. Lauderdale 954-561-7539, he is on the forum here also, they have NRMs, Gunsights, and Goldcups, at the best prices I've seen between West Palm and Hialeah, and I've hit around 12 shops in that area. I've bought from him for around 9 years now and they have always treated me well. good luck Mal

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
I have bought from Mike at Firearms Plus, he is a very good dealer. I wish more were like him.

JaviFL check your PM

·
Registered
71 Posts
http://www.ips911store.com/

Hollywood. Very cheap. The only Ed Brown dealer down here. They have a WWI Replica in stock and other Colts.
Safari is also cheap.
Only the best firearms (web site is the name) is the ultimate gun shop in S.E. Florida.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
JaviFL said:
Delray Shooting Center... Almost $900 for a NRM 1991 Gov't stainless.
Outrageous. They are $595 here, and this gun shop makes a profit. Shops like that give the independent dealer a bad name.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Outrageous. They are $595 here, and this gun shop makes a profit. Shops like that give the independent dealer a bad name.

Absolutely. It is cheaper to get it from SGC in your neck of the woods and ship it to safari.

I get most stuff from sporting arms and ship it to safari.
We have no public outdoor rifle range in Palm Beach County. This is the deep south. Whats goin on here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts