1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Now there is a gun that interests me. :) Just checked the Colt website and its not on there. Wonder when it will hit the market?

·
Registered
651 Posts
It looks good to me. I've never owned a 1911 with a alloy frame but if I were to buy one it would be a Colt for sure. I think they are making a great effort by the introduction of the new pistols they have put out lately, QC seems good these days and I am happy to see them competing with other manufacturers who offer a full size 1911 with an alloy frame. And yes, nice to see the dredded duck-bill grip safety is gone....seems Colt is listening to us.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Did I miss an announcement?

What is wrong with a LW government model? Especially with decent sights and safeties as shown. :confused:
Nothing WRONG with it, per se.
I believe the OP is upset that Colt isn't producing a "Series 70" Lightweight Commander model, yet they're apparently going to produce this LW/XSE Government.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Oh. Well as long as we are complaining about what Colt isn't doing;

I want a Combat Commander 9mm, a 1991 officers and CCO and an XSE in 9x23 winchester and a longslide available in every other caliber I can thing of and when are they going to make revolvers again I really would like a new production Diamondback 22, 38 and a magnum carry and I think they really need to make the model 1908 .380 to compete with those "other" flat pocket carry pistols... :biglaugh:

just kidding, I empathize.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now there is a gun that interests me. :) Just checked the Colt website and its not on there. Wonder when it will hit the market?
They are on the market now. I purchased one Monday. If it stops snowing I hope to get it to the range in a day or two...

·
Registered
696 Posts
it can depend heavily on your personal grip. Some grips ride "higher" than others which opens that user up to hammer bite more often than someone with a lower grip.

Me personally, My Government has the Duck and I don't get hammer bite, but my New Agent gave me horrendous hammer bite so I swapped in a Wilson Combat Beavertail and couldn't be happier.

My grip is the same on both models but the recoil is so much heavier on the lighter 3" model that it came back on me a lot more.

I have a duckbill safety and my hand has never had hammerbite. Are beavertail's necessary?

·
Registered
661 Posts
My XSE Lightweight Commander came with a duckbill grip safety. I hated it and replaced it with a Caspian aluminum beavertail. Mucho better!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Duckbills Wanted

I guess I'm the one 1911 enthusiast that Colt has been listening to all these years.....I prefer the Duckbill grip safeties. I retired from USPSA competition and went through a few 1911's and grip safeties in the process (including Wilson, Ed Brown, CMC and Caspian). My final competition gun was a NRM 1991 Government with a Duckbill grip safety installed.

So......despite all the pain I've inflicted on you Duckbill haters, I will gladly reimburse you for shipping and dispose of your Duckbills for you. It's the least I can do. PM me to work out the details.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts