10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anybody assist me in identifying the value of the following Colt pistol :
STAMPINGS :
LEFT : COMMANDING OFFICERS
-- 9mm LIGHTWEIGHT --
RIGHT : COLT 1 of 500
Serial No. FL09744
The pistol is in matt blue , and appears to have an alloy frame. From the limited information available in South Africa , I have established that the pistol was part of a Special Edition in 1990 to which there were only 500 made in 9mmP. The pistol is NIB , and has never been sold. I am a new collector of Colt pistols , and unfortunately we do not have the same access to information in South Africa. Thank you.

------------------
Evan

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I could'nt find anything in the blue book referencing a Commanding Officers. There is one listed as a General Officers - bright stainless steel with rosewood grips, special edition. MSR $750 100% currently $650. Everything post 1945 is said to be worth less just owning it. While everything pre 1945 is gold. Yet the new models can tear em up in accuracy, reliability, durability. Also no 9mm is listed as being made. Could be an export only item. And would make it pretty rare and valuable. Once the gun is recognized as such.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The pistol is not an Officers as I already have an Officers.

Upon writing to Colt Inc. , I received the following reply : "Your prospective Colt Commanding Officers - 3rd Issue 9mm - was part of a Special Edition in 1990 to which there were 500 made. The only discernable difference in that one is simply that it is a 9mm rather than a .45ACP".

I have researched as much as possible , but cannot find reference to this pistol , the value , and the collectable value.

Any further suggestions guys ?

------------------
Evan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts