1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at this as my first Colt. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Colt Mark IV 1911 government .45 ACP Series 70 Nickel 45ACP satin finish, nib asking $1200.

Thanks

·
Administrator
73,015 Posts
$1200 sounds a bit high, especially for one with a finish that isn't too popular these days.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Are you going to shoot it or lock it up?
$1200 sounds a little high, but I like the Satin Nickel finished Colt's so I'd at least make an offer on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going to shoot it or lock it up?
$1200 sounds a little high, but I like the Satin Nickel finished Colt's so I'd at least make an offer on it.
I would probably lock it up being my first. I also like the finish. Any suggestions on a reasonable offer? I have seen the reproduction 70 in SS going for around $900.
Thanks

·
Registered
23,176 Posts
That price would be a little high down here but if you are just going to stuff it in the safe and never shoot it plus love the finish then maybe O.K.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
1200 is too much.

A nickel finish is not good for a first Colt 1911 that you intend to shoot.
Ever wonder why they don't make many nickel guns anymore?

Your best bet is to get the price down and lock it away for a collectible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. Think I will go with the stainless steel in the new S70, that way I can shoot it and not worry about "saving it". Really looking forward to shooting.

Thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the Satin Nickel pistol in question? I'd like to see it.
BTW, I shoot my satin nickel Combat Commander and don't have any issues with the finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts